I’m a baby witch, and I was performing a ritual for 10/10.
I placed a candle on a ceramic plate along with coarse salt, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, and a few coins. I burned a piece of paper on which I had written my wishes for this new cycle and sealed the ritual with the rune of protection (Algiz rune).
When the candle had burned down completely, an intense fire suddenly broke out, and the plate cracked. What could this mean? Were my wishes rejected? Or could it be that my intentions are simply too powerful? I’m feeling very confused, and I must admit that I’m even a little apprehensive.
First, welcome to the forum!! Second, always think mundane over magic in these kind of situations. There are times where high flame can signify lots of energy, but i would say personally that just having the flammables on the plate got touched by the flame when the candle went all the way down. Even if its burnt down all the way, if there is an ember left in the little piece of wick it is enough for a flame if theres spices and other things around it. Ive had similar experience, including with some oil on a candle that just lit the entire top of my candle with a flame lol. Its why i will keep a dish of sand and some water nearby in case a mishap happens.