Protection & amulets

Hi everyone, I need some advice in turns of protection practices and/or amulets.

I work in a busy industry (public transport) with lots of people coming and going. Though I love my job, everyday after work I feel exhausted. I’m a HSP empath and tend to absorb all feelings and emotions from others. My immune system has been much challenged the last 4 years, getting sick quite often and most of all, my energy depleted.

I’ve done medical research ofc, and it might be something with my stomach/intestines. I’m taking care of it. I’n aware these issues can also be related to the digestion of emotions & letting go. Stress has been a major factor.

Besides that, I feel like I could use some extra help with protecting myself from others’ energies. What would you recommend me? I carry a shungite stone with me, wear an Evil Eye bracelet and use my DoTerra oils everyday (Lavender is my favourite :heart:).

2 Likes

Hello Georgina, I fully empathise with your condition. I too have struggled all my life with these kind of conditions which eventually turned into a specific kind of tumour in my bowel. I am now tumour free but I have had to cut stress out of my life in order to manage it. That sense of psychic overload and attack even, it really affects my condition.
As someone who is still working through this, I can’t say I have a silver bullet, but my recipe for calm is 1) accessing nature every day 2) gardening - I sincerely believe physical, skin contact with the soil is healing 3) I light a black candle if I am stressed in the evening.
I too am very keen to hear how others cope. Best wishes, Helen

2 Likes

Hi sorry to hear of your woes. Slightly off piste but if you live in uk i could send you one of my many scobys from my scoby hotel so you can make your own kombucha. All organic. It should help with the gut problem and immune system on physiological level. Only just starting on my spirtual journey so carnt confidently help with the protection /amulet

1 Like

@kazleesi Hello, I don’t wish to jump the queue, but I live in the UK and I would be very interested in your scoby. If that’s doable, let me know what you need from me and thanks in advance x

Hi liash yes i could send you a scoby. I would just need your address. Im not very good at social media but if there is a pm function on here you could do that? Xxxx

1 Like

I believe I have pm’d you @kazleesi :confused:

So sorry to hear about your tumour :disappointed_relieved: glad you’re better now.

I love being outside in nature, I even have a garden. I have neighbours on both sides, so that’s not quite relaxing, and besides that, I’m not such a ‘green fingers’ person :sweat_smile:

My job is extremely busy and I work with irregular shifts; when I’m home I just want to disconnect from everything but I keep hanging on feeling productive at home. I really need to push myself to relax.

Thanks a lot for the tips! 🫶🏻

2 Likes

That’s very sweet of you! Thank you! Unfortunately I don’t live in UK, I live in the Netherlands.

I’ve tried Kombucha before, but it’s slightly carbonated, and that makes me feel bloated after drinking it. I’ve been diagnosed with IBS, it’s quite a challenge to feel better with this bodily condition.

Wishing you all the best with your spiritual path 🫶🏻

Its hard to find a corner of peace isn’t it? Especially when your head is spinning with everyday slights and the need to make ends meet. As a single parent I felt immense pressure to provide financial stability for my daughter and I put my own needs to one side, willingly. She is a fabulous human being and I’m proud of all she has become, but I think all my pain, stress and misery manifested in my guts. If I could have a conversation with my younger self I would tell her that not very much of what she worried about was important in the end. I hope you get some rest from your condition, Georgina xxx

2 Likes

Thank you :heart: Sorry for the late reply, I’m on holidays at the moment.

Yes, exactly what you said, all this stress and hardships reflect on the body. The guts are our second brain, hence we kind of live in our heads and at the same time we experience it all on our bodies.

The older I get (I will turn 50 this summer) I realise it’s less about what others need or want. I have my boundaries and that’s something I’ve to learn with time. It’s ok to feel overwhelmed and not fall in the trap of doing more/stressing for it. I feel I’m quite accomplished with the upbringing of my kids (I’m also a single mom), my job and being in contact with my friends/family. We live in such a rush nowadays! I barely have time to take a moment for myself, but when I do I feel much happier.

Spending time in nature, travelling, and enjoying music and art are things that make me feel good. In between I do all the other things, and indeed sometimes taking that space for myself can feel like taking too much, but I know I’m on the good path.

One day at a time. I wish you lots of happiness and love.

2 Likes

Hello, I always carry a palm size pentagram in my pocket and one of my favorite stones. Wearing a black stone like Obsidian, Hematite or Tourmaline is a great way to absorb negativity. At times I wear my Hematite necklace, when I go shopping, but I let it rest and cleanse it afterward. One fun thing to do is pick out your favorite clothes, like a blouse, jeans, shoes or just about any kind of item. I have a jacket that I wear in the winter that I presented to the Goddess and ask her to bless it, while I used sage oil around the collar and smudge the entire coat. There are many way to protect you from negativity. All you have to do is use your imagination. Most of my women friends have their favortie shoes and I tell them to blessed them by either smudging them or rubbing sage, frankincense oil on them. I have had people compliment me on my coat and I noticed that at times, some people have completed avoided me. A coincedence…who knows.

4 Likes

Hi, yes, this is indeed a good advice. I didn’t think about blessing my clothes or other objects :innocent:
I do carry a tourmaline stone always in my pocket (specially when at work) and when back at home leave it on the windowsill with my other crystals ‘sun or moon bathing’.

I believe in causality so indeed what you say about people complimenting or avoiding you makes much sense. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Hey fellow HSP!!

My first crystal was Black Tourmaline, and for me it gave me a physical reaction in that I felt better from all the anxiety and extra emotional crap I was carrying at the time. It really lifted me up and out, so I do recommend that (but any black protection type stone is good; I also like hematite).
On days when the tourmaline wasn’t enough, I journaled - and not like in a cute way, it was in the brain dump, word vomit way. Whatever it is that you are feeling, slowing yourself down and getting it out on paper can really help (or typing; whichever your preferred method is).
Lastly, a good long shower helps while visualizing all of the extra stuff that stuck to you during the day washing down the drain. Dancing too - gets the energy moving. Grounding outside for a few minutes (like standing in the grass or dirt).
Hopefully these suggestions help, but ultimately my big advice would be to find the things that reset you back to base level of calm and grounded, whatever those practices are.

2 Likes

HI, I Hope you feel better soon. My suggestion is amber. I wear a necklace at work. And find i am not effected as much and balanced(i am a harm reduction outreach worker, and work in a homeless shelter with people who have addictions, mental health and just a bad hand that was dealt to them).
AMBER has these properties:
Gifted with the sun’s energy, Amber grants physical vitality and strength and also speeds recovery from illness and injury . In addition, this healing crystal also purifies and cleanses its environment. It aligns the physical, mental, and emotional bodies to enhance the user’s flow of energy.
It truly works for me. Sending a healing bubble your way. Blessed be

1 Like

Thank you for your advice 🫶🏻 I do have amber as a small ‘stick’ in a small piece I carry in my pocket with my tourmaline.

I don’t wear anything around my neck (I think this has to do with a possible past life issue :smiling_face_with_tear:) because it bothers me. My neck has to be always ‘free’, otherwise I feel like without air. But I do wear wristbands and bracelets.

Yes, amber is a great idea. I haven’t find yet any bracelet that suits me (mostly they are small sized for children) though I’m sure there’s something out there for me.

Thanks for your blessings, as a matter of fact I’m currently under treatment by a Traditional Chinese Medicine therapist, using magnets for acupuncture, tuina energetic massage and herbs, plus tai chi lessons. I’m starting to feel slightly better :innocent:

Thanks a lot for all your advice! I really appreciate it 🫶🏻

I’m sorry to react late, my work schedule has been hectic the last 2 weeks. I barely make it to be online tbh. I feel most of the times drained after working + the daily tasks.

Tourmaline indeed, good choice! Hematite might be also a good idea.

I agree that grounding is a must after a busy ‘peoply’ day :sweat_smile: I love my hot shower before going to bed, I let all the negativity and stress of the day wash off, it’s my favourite ‘me time’ moment.

I started 2 weeks ago with a Traditional Chinese Medicine therapist, and this is what I’m aiming to put into practice. With tuina massage, acupuncture magnets and herbs plus tai chi lessons. It has been helping me a bit more.

The diagnose is complex, my spleen, stomach and liver seem to be the cause of the exhaustion. In Chinese terms: my yin is empty. This plus my busy job, the high sensitivity incentives every day and a background of health issues might be the source of my lack of energy.

I’m taking care of it. Thank you for your help!

1 Like