I need someone to help me understand. I can't help but feel something is coming that I can't stop

Hello all and thank you for letting me join this community.

I want to start this by explaining I’m safe and I’m not in danger.

I’m about to turn 40 this year and throughout my life I’ve been drawn to nature and wildlife. I seem to have a natural ability to bound and understand all animals just by observing them. I can seem to be friend animals better than people. As a child my mother said I would talk to animals everywhere I went.

This connection with animals and nature eventually drove me to complete a degree in Ecology and conservation. I was then diagnosed as AuDHD a year ago and since then I’ve been working through a lot in therapy and I’m now about to start trauma therapy for my CPTSD.

For the last two years I’ve been taking steps towards going public with my artwork, which I’ve been producing for myself as a kind of therapy to try and understand/process my stresses and trauma alone. In these two years I’ve suddenly become more aware of my instincts and certain sensations I used to feel when I was younger, but had repressed or covered up due to my autistic masking.

That brings me to my current situation. I’m dreaming the strange dreams again, I’m seeing signs in nature and animals have started gravitating towards me.

In my teenage years I took an interest in green witch practices. It felt familiar to me but more still, the underlying beliefs and rituals made sense. I can’t remember much from those years but I remember every night I’d practice being a ball of light and leaving my body. I remember the being given a name in my dreams but being told never to say that name and I remember that certain animals would help guide me.

The reason I first looked into witchcraft was I kept having strange dreams. I’d dream about peoples pets and them dying, only for a few days later this pets would indeed die. It became so frequent that I started painting pet portraits for free to friends and family because I knew they would need it. But when I left home at 15, I stopped my investigation into witchcraft and I stopped painting for 15 years.

So now I’m painting again, I’m focusing more on sharing my emotional journey in my artwork and trying to communicate a message about that wildlife and nature can’t communicate itself. I’m working on my first ever collection and it’s very powerful. Yet, whilst working on that collection, someone approached me to do a pet portrait. I’d not done one for so long but after talking to her and understanding her story, I agreed. The painting came out perfectly and they loved it. However, I had a ominous feeling whilst painting it. When I delivered the painting, I met the dogs in person. They were wonderful and we instantly connected. But one of them kept lingering with me. I could see something in her eyes that felt strange. Two nights later, I dreamt that dog had died. 5 days after that and the owner contacted me to say the doc had been in an accident and needed to be put down.

I felt sick to my stomach. I’m left feeling extremely confused and worried.

Weirder still, I’ve been fighting a terrible Ecological injustice for the last two years. A woodland next to my home, that was a sanctuary for hundreds of protected and strictly protected species, was cut down and destroyed because of in proper administration and in my Opinion, corruption within the local offices involved because of who purchased the property. No matter who I turn to for help to fight this, no one has the time, staff or funding to take the action that’s needed. Worse still, removal of the woodland has put everyone at risk of flooding. This situation has had a very negative impact on me. I’m desperately trying to create a shelter for the remaining wildlife, but so many have been killed and displaced. I’m grieving all the time from feeling nature and wildlife struggle.

But recently I’ve been feeling a terrible sense of dread. The animals seem restless and last night and owl almost flew directly at me as I stood in my garden doorway. The crows keep following and calling whenever I go out. And even my small dog keeps telling me to go into the garden and look for something.

Am I going insane? Should I be concerned? Is any of what I’m saying making any sense? Because I feel like I’m either mentally losing it or something is trying to give me a sign to do something but I have no idea what that is.

So I come to you to ask for help and guidance, even if it’s just to point me in the right direction. Because right now I’ve bought “the green witch” with the intention of reading it, but I don’t want to take that leap until I know it’s the right first step.

3 Likes

I think, and you can take this w/ a grain of salt cuz I’m just some random 13yr old kid, but I think you should do what YOU think is best. in my wicca, a strong thing I believe is do as you must, as long as none get hurt. if you are feeling horrible, I say look into that, cuz the longer you wait, the more you hurt yourself. and if anything, I’d rather do what I must to make the least amount of ppl hurt, and for me, animals still have emotions too, and if theyre getting hurt, which lets face it they might be, I’d rather help them, if it not only helps them but me too. I know this sounds kinda selfish, but do what you must to aid yourself and what you want. Ok?

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

I too am Autistic, if they try to put you on SSRI’s just beware the dreams will get MUCH worse.

Also had an entire woods (owned by the Park District) cut down and turned into an empty field.

Because of ‘kids’ having beer &/or pot parties out in it. IDK, how about making activities for them?

Very sad. You’re very connected with animals, Green Witch seems like a good match to me.

2 Likes

That’s understandable. It’s hard to describe the feeling I have. It’s like I need to brace for impact or prepare for survival following catastrophic. I keep sensing “it’s coming, get ready”. Like Tonight, I just went out in the garden and I could hear the wind through the grass suddenly start almost screaming so that I would hurry back inside. It’s not a fear exactly, more like the pause before the starting gun of a race

2 Likes

I’m on a lot of medication unfortunately. They put me on Elvanse to help with my ADHD and it’s been great. But as a result, I suffer with insomnia and need to medicated in order to sleep. The meds knock me out cold and I sleep for a long time. Hence the dreams being so clear and consistent.

3 Likes

Hello @ForestFable,

Sounds to me like you have both a blessing and a burden. Your gift of capturing the images of family pets is lovely but having them die after painting them is really tough.

I wish I had something more than empathy to offer you but honestly, I don’t. Given your description of your early, and continuing, connections to nature, I’d say you’re on the right track with “green witch” research and studies. I will also say that once you’ve read the book, take time to remain open to other paths.

I consider myself an eclectic practitioner (green, hedge, kitchen, and others) and am looking into divination (tarot, runes) to expand my intuition and knowledge. It’s such an individual preference that it’s hard to say I’m limited to one path as I want the whole forest, so to speak.

Thank you for sharing your story. Hopefully, another member can provide some insights into what you might pursue next.

Bright blessings to you,

~ Lisa

3 Likes

I might be 15 and late but I feel the natural and spiritual worlds are trying to tell you something, so I think you should listen. Try to hunt for clues and try to understand the animals. This is I I believe you can do

Your beginner
-Vespera

2 Likes