Trusted Tarot Spreads

I’m looking for some trusted tarot spreads for all topics, but especially a go to for general insights. Any shared wisdom is greatly appreciate. :candle::white_heart:

1 Like

I have been using the celtic cross spread, since I started reading Tarot in the late 70s as a young adult. I find that using a spread that the layout has a lot of cards was overwhelming for me, when I started. Now I can use any spread, but I still do not like spread like the astrology spread, which using 12 cards. Some of the books that come with the deck has spread that are way to complicated for me, especially since my first deck was the Thoth Deck, which most people back then thought it was too hard to use for newcomers to the Tarot. My advice is to get a book on Tarot Spreads and find you niche for Tarot spreads you may like. There is one called Classic Tarot Spreads that is great and there is even a large three volume set of the Encyclopedia of the Tarot that I would love to have, but could never afford. Read, read and read some more. Good luck with your finding your perfect spread.

2 Likes

I agree very much with the comment from whitecrow. Tarot are very versatile and you can decide how you want to read, so long as you are focused on the intention. Want a simple read for guidance on a decision? 3 - cards: Temperament of the situation, your current standing, a key component to consider. This can be expanded to 4 cards - past influence, present influence, major influence, advice, likely outcome is advice is followed. And so on.

3 Likes

Hi @Snovvelf! I like using either a 3-card spread when I need a little more in-depth answers or a 1-card pull for daily knowledge.

3 Likes

I personally like the Celtic Cross and Three Card spreads. I usually use the Three Card for clarification of the Celtic Cross spread if I need clarification. Otherwise the Three Card is useful for balancing what you are working on. I like tarot reading for balancing myself but I will do a reading for close family if they ask.

I still feel like nothing beats the quick and easy 3-card past, present, and future spread. I do this once weekly (or more often if I’m concerned with my last reading).

1 Like