Tarot Talks August 2026

:bullseye::face_in_clouds::pensive_face: welp, i’m over here wishing it didn’t make so much sense to me…

4 Likes

Wacky, Witchy, Wednesday Wonders of the World,

Tarot today -How can I feel new/youthful today? Google Images

self-entrapment

reversed–re-prioritize

reversed–don’t share/self-care

This looks pretty easy. This is how I am not dealing with my tangibles (surroundings/Pentacles), so I guess, if I get a handle on this I will feel much better “youthful/new”.

In order to release myself from the home I have become trapped in (Devil), I need to re-evaluate my priorities here at home and stop sharing (withhold) for today and be a little selfish, to and for me.

It is nice to have permission to be selfish!:melting_face:

Lady Gene :phoenix:

Witchy Wednesday Wonders, always forget…google images

I made a 5 point pentacle spread cards layed out in the 5 points representing:

  1. Air-mind
  2. Fire-action
  3. Earth-tangibles
  4. Water-emotion
  5. Spirit-what this means
  6. card in center to sum this all up

This is what I pulled

Air–5 Swords–I need to study about the deception in my life

Fire–1 Magician–the action to take is to manifest my reality to my will

Earth–8 Swords–intellect again, how does this relate to Earth and tangibles…I have become trapped by/in/because of what I have

Water–Knight of Pentacles–I am dependable (Kn of Pent) with my emotions

Spirit–18 Moon–I am seeing through the deception that has been my life

Sum–9 Pentacles–once I study and review all this, I will be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

So to state in one sentence: I need to review the deception that has been going on in my life, use my power to magickally bring about needed changes. I need to release myself from the physically trapping of my life and realize that I am emotionally dependable, and will be able to move forward now that I am seeing beyond the illusion. The end result is that I will be able to enjoy what I have in life, I will not being missing out. No chance of FOMO here!!

Lady Gene :phoenix:

2 Likes

Thoughtful Thursday Tarot Talkers,

I couldn’t get on for a bit–don’t know… Anyway, here goes; before I forget, Google Images

Tarot Talk Today, Aug, 13, 2026–Where should I look to grow today?

loss–material/financial

will-power/determination

Dennis the Menace–drama unnecessary

After seeing the 3 cards, I decided on a Theme-Embrace-Avoid format. Well, we have 5’s on either side of what to embrace, fives are obstacles,–embrace?—let’s see

  • place one, the theme/obstacle is material loss/hardship
  • place two, to embrace–determination
  • place three, to avoid/obstacle is “drama”

How do I read this to grow today? Theme, what I have lost has given me the determination of avoiding anyone’s so-called drama.

Today, I need to avoid anyone’s issues and do my own thing so that I can grow and not stagnate.

Actually, that turned out pretty easy.

Lady Gene :phoenix:

1 Like

Thoughtful Thursday Theologians!!

Tarot Today - What is my strength today?

Google Images–when I first made the pull, it didn’t make sense, but then, Aha :astonished_face:

memories/nostalgia

completion

ability to influence a situation

I am able to retain the good memories of the past and realize that this part of my life has come to completion; and that I have the ability to change and influence the future of my life.

Lady Gene :candle:

3 Likes

Whoops, looks like I had the wrong day yesterday…What is my strength today? was Friday, today is Saturday the 15th.

google images

recognition, victory

willful leaving, going to something better

"Dennis the Menace"–drama

Interesting…6’s-relationships to others and swords, the mind.

Sounds like my weakness is in my mind and with my relationship with others.

It seems to be telling me that my weakness is worrying too much about other people’s drama. My weakness is thinking that I need recognition and/or validation for what I do; when I really to be strong (not weakness) in willfully leaving all this drama behind.

Lady Gene :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Sensational Sunday Sorcerers,

before I forget—google images

I usually read reversals as the opposite of what I read as upright.

not living in past

not connecting with my intuition/subconscious

action to move forward–NIKE–Just Do It

Mod/Sub/Mod

I guess my intuition is back-firing a little bit. I need to stop living in the past (oh, how nice it used to be…remember when…) and purposefully move forward with my life.

Lady Gene :candle: :phoenix:

2 Likes

Fancy Friday Friends of the Fae,

Tarot today - How can I help someone today?

google images

good luck/ karma/ life cycle/ change/ destiny

I really had to think on this one. I need to remember that all things come to pass–I need to give encouragement to others for what they will be facing today.

Sorry I missed a couple days; had an emergency family episode in Northern California. Left Monday 4am, returned Wed, 9pm, and that was with over a 20 hour drive in total. A quick trip. We left Felton, CA at 60 degrees Wed morning, got into Vegas at 9pm Wed and it was 112 here. Almost double the degrees, wow :hot_face:

Lady Gene :phoenix:

3 Likes

Giving my support for you and your family Lady Gene, and stay cool! <3

1 Like

Super Saturday Sorcerers,

Images Google

Tarot today - How can I strengthen my practice today?

creativity/spirituality/new emotions, feelings

This seems pretty simple. Today, and everyday, I need to allow new emotions to flow freely and allow myself to feel and stop blocking some things. Some issues have to be worked through, not ignored.

Lady Gene :flower_playing_cards: :candle: :mage:

2 Likes

Stupendous Sunday Tarot Talkers

Google images

Tarot Talk Today - Why am I butting-heads with___? (husband, Carlos)

Well, this spread just confirmed what I had been surmising, this just put it in concrete, if you understand.

innocence/blind faith

distrust/tension

no right choice/information overload

Straight up, the cards are saying I am a fool in my choice of partner, and made a bad decision.

Well, to today for this read, why am I butting heads with my husband.

The first card says what I had always thought; my husband likes to see the world through rose-colored glasses. Since he lives in his fantasy world and not reality, I made the wrong choice for whom to marry (I actually had 3 proposals the same week!).

Well, here is Karma kicking me in the :donkey:.

Lady Gene :mage: :candle: I Will Survive–Gloria Gaynor, for us seasoned folk :rofl:

2 Likes

Merry Monday Magick Makers,

Google Images - Tarot Today - How can I be more present for my family?

unconventional/personal beliefs & freedom

teamwork/collaboration

re-organize/prioritize

I need to be more open-minded and not such a stickler (Hierophant reversed), so that the family (the boys in this case, y’all know about the SO) and I are able to get along so that I will be able to re-organize (2 Pent reversed) my life (pentacles) and decide what I will be doing next.

Sorry, if it is difficult to read sometimes with the cards and explanations thrown in. I find it does not quite make sense, with just the statement and no including information.

Lady Gene :phoenix: :star_and_crescent:

PS–Corn Moon/Sturgeon Moon coming up, then gear up for Mabon in September Fall Equinox and Witches Thanksgiving for Northern Hemisphere and Ostara Spring Equinox for the Southern Hemisphere, both equal day and night.

3 Likes

That’s very insightful, @Lady-Gene, perhaps there is a way for you to do all of those today in even a small way. That’s how I feel these cards are aligning for you today and that was very evident with the energy I saw flowing through the cards for you today. Blessed be and stay strong through all this turmoil Lady Gene, you’ve got this. I may do a reading like this for myself today as well actually

3 Likes

Tantalizing Tuesday Tarot Talkers,

Google Images - Tarot Today - How can I feel more energy today?

decision-making/clarity of mind

seed of energy/start taking action

gentle strength/fortitude

These cards are telling me…Stop being wishy-washy, make a decision and stick to it. Then plant the seeds of action on this decision, and have the fortitude [strength of mind] to follow it through.

Those who have been following my story, are probably knowing what this is referring to, but I’ll just say it out-loud-----yes, I keep stumbling back-and-forth, leave, yes or no…I mean 30+ years is not something to “simply” walk-away from, no matter how obvious it seems, it is still not an easy decision. So, I keep vascillating, on my own [which I have done numerous times, since age 7, was finally left alone at 14, raised my 2 kids alone until my new husband 30+ years ago, so I know how to navigate solo], or does “old-age wisdom” take over and I stay just-because

  • I already know the routine of my life…at this age…
  • I will end up “being taken care of”…because 2 incomes for retirement is easier than 1, and I’ve gone 30 years already, surely I can handle some more
  • am I afraid to be alone?..I always said NO-WAY, I can handle myself!, but since my accident/TBI/coma, even though I have “woken-up”, can I really?

So, I need to quit this back-and-forth in my head and make that damn decision and then stick with it!!

So, this pull is another “kick in the :donkey:” and a “knock-me-upside-the-haid” and “get-your-head-out-of-the-sand” WAKE-UP call, that a decision MUST be made and followed through.

But how this make me "feel more energy’? It sounds like more work. I think it means by making the decision, I will have more mental energy.

Lady Gene :phoenix: :candle: :woman_mage:

4 Likes

Wacky Wednesday Witchy Wonders,

Google Images - Tarot today -How can I honor the women in my life today?

conflict

unconventional/against-the-flow

afraid of walking away

Well, I no longer have women in my life, my best friend died in 2011, my daughter died in 2024 and my Aunt died Julu 5, 2026. The last woman in my life is my cousin. She is 16 days older than I am, and we are the oldest now of the Abbey Clan.
So, the question, how can I honor the women in my life today?----Since I have no women in my life today, I rephrased it to, Today, how can I honor the women from my life?

I can embrace conflict (yes, you heard that, explanation to follow) as they had to endure, and be comfortable to be a bit unconventional in my ways yet, not be afraid to walk away.

Explanation…I come from pioneer stock…way back, 1692..family scalped by Indians, g-g-g-g-grandmother escaped, scalping 8 Indians as proof of her capture…my g-grandmother was in the Oklahoma Land Rush and settled in Denton Texas, building her house from the stones in her field…so, this goes to fearlessness, and standing your ground (5 Wands) and unconventional attitudes and actions from a woman (5 Hierophant reversed)…this leads to the final card and my life at the moment…I need to honor the women in my life, because of my prior fearlessness to defend, and to go-against-the-grain, I need to take this final step and not be afraid to walk-away from the domestic situation I now find myself in.

Wow…never quite said that all out loud. Thank-you everyone, for listening.

Lady Gene :phoenix: :candle: :crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Thoughtful Thursday,

Google Images—Where should I put my focus today?

stop the “fight”/un-necessary defending

inevitable/necessary endings

negativity as in not sun-shiny

Where should I put my focus today?

This one is interesting. With the keywords that made the most sense above, this is what I came up with.

Stop the worrying/looking over my shoulder because things are going to end/change, and I must accept it, no matter how un-bright it might look. Remember, the sun is still there.

Well, not a wonderful read, but the truth is not always pleasant. Thank-you cosmos for the heads up. Actually, yesterday and this morning, during my morning ritual, I have asked for extreme control for whatever chaos I may encounter. Yesterday was nothing, does that mean today? Or am I just gearing up extra armor for something getting ready to hit-me-upside-the-haid?

Lady Gene :woman_mage: :candle:

2 Likes

Fantastic Friday Friends,

acceptance/recovery

My biggest strength is in knowing–I Can Do This!!!–Being married to a Mexican for 30 years, this is a saying they have in Spanish/Mexican–Si, Se Puede—means, Yes, You Can…

So, Yes I Can…
Lady Gene :phoenix:

2 Likes

Sunshiny Saturday Sorcerers,

Google Images

Tarot Today - How can I use that strength? In reference to the card from yesterday.

Yesterdays strength was acceptance…so how do I use that today?

mental clarity

I need to accept the new thoughts and ideas that will enter into my life as my life will be changing this coming year in many ways.

[relationship with husband, is definitely changing–project with son and myself is taking off and will change our lives drastically–DIL should be arriving soon, she is leaving ALL that she knows to come to a different country and leave everything behind, so that is going to be a big change]

So, my strength is Acceptance, and I need to use that for Clarity of mind in the changes that will be happening in the near future.

Lady Gene :woman_mage: :candle: :crystal_ball:

2 Likes
  1. What would be missed with Earth’s destruction?

Seven of Swords

I believe this could refer to there being nowhere else to go when all resources are exhausted. The Seven of Swords represents escape, theft, and the consequences of our uncharacteristic actions. As a society we can’t keep running from the problem of Earth’s destruction, or else we’ll be left with nowhere else to go when we try to escape with her resources.

This one had me thinking, and I’m glad it did. It’s not something that I really have to tell a community of witches and pagans, but take care of our Earth guys <3

2 Likes

ThenI :wing:,

Very insightful read, I really like where you went with this!!

Lady Gene :candle:

2 Likes