What am I suppose t get from this dream

Question: Dream interpretation: My son was murdered last summer and I keep having the same dream that I in his spot in the car I hear the gunshot ho off and then I wake up but it’s like I’m suppose to get something from it and I can’t idk can anyone help

Oh, Misti. Words can’t express my sorrow for your loss. I don’t have any magickal insight about your dream, but on the surface, it sounds like a mother’s need to be able to take her child’s place in tragedy. You haven’t elaborated on your process, so please forgive me if this is a “well, duh” statement, but make sure you’re giving yourself all the time you need to grieve, up to and including working with someone who’s trained to help you through this process.
I’m not a counselor, but my sense is that there’s a nugget of healing, inspiration, or growth that you’re leaving that dream car without grabbing hold of. My experience is that things enter into our awareness for any of three reasons: to learn from it, to heal from it, or to help someone else get through their own experience of it. If you can find any of those things out of this experience, that might help you release that dream.
My best to you,
Crow

9 Likes

When the WTC fell I saw an image on television of the 2nd tower going down, an explosion every 20 floors. I kept dreaming this and often woke up to it. I think violence leaves an echo that we feel for a long time after. It will fade. Maybe it’s just a reminder for you to be as loving and kind to yourself as you can. Many, many blessings in your sorrow. I send you love.
Sheila H in WV, USA