Looking for guidence

Greetings All

I am very very new to the world of Magic & Witchcraft. I am wanting to learn so much about the history and literally everything I can. I was curious to know what advice y’all can give to to start my journey? I feel this is my calling in life and I need peace & serenity. I appreciate all that feel a calling to help me on this journey with me…

Blessed Be

2 Likes

Welcome! Thanks for joining our online coven :slight_smile: Great question. We each have our own journey, but I started through reading books (these are some of my favorite: 5 of the Best Books for Beginner Witches | The Pagan Grimoire) and then diving into the types of magic I felt most called to.

At the end of the day, I believe it’s all about mindset, practice, and intention. The more you practice, the more confident you tend to feel as you believe more in your self-efficacy.

But, at the beginning it does feel like a lot.

What aspects do you feel most called towards?

• Is there a spell that you want to do?
  • Would you like to know how to cast a circle, set up an altar, and call the quarters?
  • Do you want to celebrate the Wheel of the Year holidays?
  • Is there a pantheon (Celtic, Norse, Greek, Roman, Egyptian, etc.) you’re interested in and would like to learn more about? Or is there a particular god or goddess you’d like to work with?
  • Do you want to learn more about types of divination or how to understand the tarot?
  • Do you want to learn more about the philosophical side of magic and mindset? (which is where I’ve been hanging out a lot these days)?

Your answer might be yes to all the above. But, let us know if any particular direction is calling you the strongest.

1 Like