Dragonflies Symbolism and Meaning

It been about a year now but dragonflies visit me constantly. I’ve had them land or fly in front of my windshield at a red light. They visit when I’m in my back yard. Coming and going to work. I understand their symbolism but has anyone had a duration like this? How long will my life be transforming or are these just spiritual messengers?

3 Likes

I, too, have had frequent encounters with dragonflies for over 6 decades. The visits began when I (around 8 yo) was roused predawn to accompany my father on one of his fishing jaunts. Watching the sunrise on a misty lake and seeing the red and blue creatures stir from their slumber on tules or bulrushes is one of the sweetest and most mystical memories I have.

I can’t say how long you may experience their visitations but but they are to be treasured.

Bright blessings! :dizzy:

~ Lisa

3 Likes

Thank you Lisa! I appreciate your quick response. Every time I see them I feel awe and connection to the universe. I’m even considering getting a dragonfly tat on my inner forearm to mark the special connection. May we both continue receiving these spiritual blessings.

Blessed be - Stephanie

3 Likes

They are truly remarkable creatures. The varieties I see most often are Cardinal Meadowhawks and Blue Damsels. I agree – I hope they keep appearing all the days of our lives!

A dragonfly tat? Me, too! I have a design selected which would be inked on my left shoulder blade. Now I just have to gather my courage and find an artist who doesn’t mind working on elder skin. :joy:

You’ll have to let me know if you follow through on your commemoration!

Warmly ~ Lisa

2 Likes