An Old New Witch

Hello. I am a 62 year old solitary baby witch. I stumbled upon witchcraft and immediately felt like I was home. I love the outdoors, nature and animals. I live with two wonderful dogs who give me joy and inspiration every day. I work in the medical field and really hope to retire in a couple of years. I really enjoy reading. What witchy books would you all recommend? I am looking to hone my craft and learn form all of you.

11 Likes

These were my first two purchases, and I highly recommend them. They’re great basic starting points to see where you want to go in your craft:

Wicca by Scott Cunningham
Wicca by Harmony Nice

I have spent a lot of time in bookstores, especially my local metaphysical store. The people who work there are very knowledgeable, and usually have the time to go through the specifics of what you’re looking for there with you.
Scott Cunningham was a good introductory for me when I wanted as much information as I could handle.

6 Likes

Hello Garden Freckles :sunny:

What a lovely introduction! Thank you for sharing. There are so many witchy books i’d like to recommend! But my short list would include…

:star: Earth Wisdom by Glennie Kindred
:star: Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer (not specifically witchcraft but nature connection)
:star:A Spell in the Wild by Alice Tarbuck

And for a more critical/historical/political perspective:
:star:Witches, Witch-hunting and Womwn by Silvia Federici

With love and witchy solidarity,
Iris

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:awesome love the references

3 Likes

Scott Cunningham has some fantastic books. There are so many books I have waiting on a list to buy! Thank goodness there are also alot of online sources as well. Pick a topic or direction that interests you and dig in!

3 Likes

Nice to meet you! Connection with the outdoors + nature + animals sounds like a wonderful recipe for loving witchcraft.

Lots of great suggestions above :slight_smile:

Scott Cunningham is fantastic. Personally these are some of my favorite books connected to witchcraft (he’s on the list): 5 of the Best Books for Beginner Witches | The Pagan Grimoire

1 Like