What Are Your Favorite Recipes for the Summer Solstice / Litha?

Good morning! What are you making for Litha / the Summer Solstice this year?

If you need ideas, I collected these from various bloggers that use the corresponding foods and include everything from honey cakes and sun tea to this incredible looking strawberry cake with ladyfingers.

4 Likes

So this will be my first time celebrating any of the Sabbats in some way. I don’t have my official recipes down in my grimoire, but one food I definitely want to make tomorrow is a Greek salad known as χωριάτικη (pronounced cho-ri-A-ti-ki [ch like in “Loch”]), which translates to village/country salad. It’s a simple yet refreshing salad; my version contains feta, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, Kalamata olives, olive oil, and salt and pepper. All you do is chop/slice everything, mix it, and done! :smiley:

This will be my first time celebrating Litha. Besides food what else can I do? Tea? Rituals?

You can make it as simple or as complex as you like. I prefer to get outside and commune with nature. Watch the sunrise and/or sunset. You can set up a Litha alter with things that remain you of summer (flowers, etc). Eat yummy summer foods such as strawberries :strawberry: :yum:. Here’s a link to an article on the Pagan Grimoire’s website that may give you some other ideas :sun_with_face:

https://www.pagangrimoire.com/summer-solstice-party-ideas/

1 Like

A salad sounds like a great idea. As this is the Strawberry Moon I am going
to make a spinach and strawberry salad. What do you think?

1 Like

Mmm, sounds yummy! :yum: