Pink Full Moon: Ritual Ideas and Journaling Prompts

Hello! The Full Moon is upon us today, April 23rd and I’d love to know if you’re working with it and how. Here are some ideas and a little bit about this particular Moon.

Pink Full Moon - April 23, 2024
It will reach its peak at 7.49 pm EDT
(This is 4:49pm PDT, and 12:49am April 24 in London as I known we have lots of UK witches here :slight_smile: )

The Pink Moon is April’s Full Moon. It is reportedly named after the Moss Pink flower below, but is it has also been called the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Fish Moon, and the Egg Moon.

Full Moons are one of the most potent times to do magick. Whether you’re looking to call something in or banish something (or break a habit), this is a great time to do it. And, since this Pink Moon is in the zodiac sign of Scorpio, you can expect that magick to have some very intense results. (Love, you Scorps.)

Here’s a bit more about magickal timing and moon phases.

Ideas for the Full Moon

• Hold a Full Moon circle with you coven (or your virtual coven :wave: ) - Feel free to start a topic in the forum!

• Charge your crystals. Place any crystals out that you want to charge under the moon.

• Make Moon Water. Moon water can be used in your ritual work, on your altar, for protection, as part of a magickal bath, and in other ways.

• Reflect on the past month and journal. Here are some simple prompts to get you started:

• what are you looking to bring in this month?
    • what do you want to release with this full moon? what is no longer serving you that you can let go of?
    • what, if you began it now, would you want to look back at from next year’s Pink Moon and have accomplished?
2 Likes

i’m casting a “moon boon” money spell tonight that’s quick and easy, as i don’t have as much time as i’d like this evening. i’m also charging my crystals and my tarot cards, and my dark mirror tonight. :slight_smile:

will also be giving thanks to my “torchbearer” Hekate for lighting my path …

3 Likes

I love that! Depending on where you are, aligning with the planetary hour of abundance (Venus), expansion (Jupiter), or road openers (Mercury) might help power up that spell even more.

Here’s a bit more on planetary magick (which you might know already!) How to Use Planetary Magick to Invoke Results | The Pagan Grimoire

1 Like

I dont do much on full moons. I examine what is bold and big in my life and then usually decide what needs to be released. I work on that release until the 3/4 moon when i will look at hard truths and make shadow adjustments.
I will walk outside in the moonlight and give thanks for whats abundant in my life.
I heal and rest on dark moons.
Most new endeavors happon on the magical new moon for me, not the astrological new moon; those are dark moon times in my practice.

1 Like

I’m making some Moon water and charging some crystals with it.

1 Like

I am taking it easy … full moons are a great time to just hang out :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I did a small releasing and gave gratitude for the abundance in my life.
This was the full moon tonight from where I am​:smiling_face::two_hearts::sparkles::full_moon::sparkles:

3 Likes

Wow that’s lovely!!!

1 Like